Top Benefits of Eliminating Sugar from Your Diet
Believe it or not, there is an addictive culprit lurking in the background of our most common foods, causing you to gain weight daily. Having become one of the biggest health concerns, processed sugars are in far more foods than we realize. From ketchup and dressings to French fries and cereal, processed sugars are added to the foods we eat daily to increase flavor, change texture, and even add color. But, the empty calories we take in from processed sugars leads to major weight gain. Besides eliminating the risk of weight gain, eliminating sugar from your diet has many other positive health effects.
- Eliminating sugar from your diet can lower blood pressure. One of the major risk factors of consuming too much sugar is an increase in blood pressure. This can lead to serious health issues.
- It reduces your cholesterol levels and your risk of heart attack.
- It keeps your brain sharp. Sugar can actually eat away at our brain power, impair cognitive function, and reduce our memory and responsiveness.
- You will be less likely to develop Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and depression.
- The longer your go without added sugars in your diet, the more likely you will be to break your addiction to sweet stuff.
- Your skin will start to look better. Eating too much added sugar can leave our skin looking dull and wrinkled. Reducing our sugar in take can also lead to clearer skin.
- It can help prevent fatty liver disease.
- It can also reduce your risk for certain types of cancers.
- You will breathe easier and have more energy.
- You will have fewer cravings.
- You will make fewer trips to the dentist and to the doctor. Eating and drinking too much sugar can negatively affect our immune system and attack the enamel on our teeth.
- You will save money. Between junk food, doctors’ appointments, and dental checkups, you will have a lot more money in your pocket.
While the benefits of eliminating processed sugars from your diet are endless, the one that seems to be most appealing is the effect it will have on your weight loss success.