Make Your Way to a Flat Belly by Summer
Summer is right around the corner. Don’t spend your sunny days trying to suck it in. Trimming your waist is one of the most motivational ways to continue healthy eating. Are you looking to banish bloat and she those unwanted pounds? These ten tips will help you tighten that tummy just in time for bikini season.
- It is important to eat every three to four hours if you are trying to lose weight. Although many people follow this routine, there is often a gap between lunch and dinner that has a significant impact on your mid-section. Between the hours of three and four in the afternoon, try eating a snack that is filled with protein. This will boost your metabolism, balance your blood sugar, and lower insulin that stores fat around your stomach.
- Limit your sugar intake. It is helpful to aim for zero grams of sugar, or as little as possible. This will keep your insulin level low and your glucagon levels high. Glucagon eats up fat to use it as energy.
- Chew your food good. No, we aren’t concerned about you choking. Chewing your food to the consistency of apple sauce can help with digestion and lead to less bloating.
- Life is all about balance. Diet, cardio, strength training, and ab work are all important. But, leave the abs for last. You are looking to reduce flatten your belly, not bulk up your ab muscles. Prepare healthy meals every day to ensure you are getting the right balanced diet. Aim for cardio three times a day for twenty minutes each time. Work on your muscles three times a week for fifteen minutes each time. Leave abs for last, only working on them for five minutes, three times a week.
- Limit your salt intake. If you need to use salt on your food, choose sea salt or kosher salt. These are lower in sodium. Avoid foods and sauces that are high in sodium such as soy sauce. If you are looking to give your meal some flavor, choose tomato salsa or cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper has also been known to boost your metabolism.
- Add boxing to your cardio regime. Not only is it a great option for cardio, it helps to work your fore and flatten your mid-section.
- Control your portions. Portion control is a big part of weight management. When choosing foods, choose whole grains which help you to lose more abdominal fat.
- Laugh it off. Laughing strengthens your abs. There are even laughing yoga classes that allow students to laugh their way to a flatter belly.
- Planks, planks, and more planks. Planks are a great way to strengthen your mid-section. Open and close your legs like scissors for more results. This will also strengthen your hips, thighs, and waist.
- Skip the processed foods. Refined grains like white bread, crackers, and chips can cause weight gain. Sweetened drinks and desserts are even worse. Instead, choose natural foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. They serve as anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants that prevent belly fat.
Are you looking to blast belly fat and make your way to a flat belly by summer? Follow these ten tips for success and you will be pleased with the results. Talk to a member of our staff to plan your diet program today.