How to Kick-Off Your Diet
Are you looking to fast track your new diet? Kicking off your diet with a little extra effort in the beginning can have positive results. Not only does it show that you are committed and eager to work towards results, it leads to faster weight loss which can boost your motivation to stick to your plan. But, kick starting your diet isn’t as easy as you think it may be. If it isn’t done the right way, your nutritional balance may suffer. And, dropping weight too drastically may lead to more weight gain later in the game. So, if you want to kick off your diet on the right foot, do it the right way with these proven steps.
For the first two weeks of your diet, follow these steps closely to see more results.
- Make a commitment. One of the biggest parts of following a successful diet is being accountable. For many people, if they write it down, they feel more committed to making it happen. Write down your goals and how you plan to achieve them. Add motivational words or quotes that might help you. Put this somewhere that you will see it daily. You might even want to make copies to put in multiple places as a reminder throughout the day.
- Have a plan. Meal preparation is an important part of diet success. While planning can be time consuming, if you sit down and plan you will be more likely to find success. Meal preparations adds to your commitment. And, shopping is made easier. You are more likely to get the foods you need and ditch the foods that are bad for you.
- Eat frequently enough throughout the day. It is recommended that you eat five times a day. For weight loss success, this should be broken down into three meals and two snacks. Eating every three to four hours in smaller portions helps to keep you satisfied longer and prevent you from overeating or binge eating in between meals.
- Avoid eating out. At least for the beginning of your diet, you should avoid eating out. This will give you a control when it comes to what goes into your body. Even if you think you are ordering healthy when you are at a restaurant, we can never be sure how a meal is prepared. In addition to food preparation, eating at home helps us to count calories and watch our portion sizes.
- Use meal replacement options. If you are looking for success in the beginning to get you going and motivate you for working harder, use meal replacement options for two meals a day. These can be protein shakes or protein bars. They are convenient and portion controlled.
- Consume more vegetables than fruit. We get the healthiest carbs from vegetables and salad. And, they contain the fewest calories per bite. Since vegetables are filling, load up on salads in the beginning, and when you can throughout your lifestyle change. Save fruits as a snack or dessert.
- Start your lunch and dinner with a salad. Starting meals with a salad can be very beneficial to your weight loss results. It will fill you up. It will reduce the number of calories you take in. It will help you to control your portion. And, as if that’s not enough, it will slow you pace when eating which leads you to quit when you are full.
- Drink the right amount of water. Drinking water before a meal fills you up. In addition to helping control your hunger, water is a great asset to any diet plan. It flushes your body of toxins and establishes healthy habits.
If you kick start your diet the right way, you will see results from the onset. And greater results lead to a stronger push when it comes to motivation. At Proti Foods, we want you to be happy and see results that stick.